Depression is a serious mental illness that can negatively impact every aspect of a person’s life. If you have a friend or loved one who is dealing with depression, you may be wondering what you can do to help. Showing your support and care is an important first step, but you may also be looking for a more tangible way to show you care.
One thoughtful and practical way to show your support for someone dealing with depression is to give them a gift that can help them in their day-to-day life. If you’re not sure where to start, we’ve put together a list of perfect gifts for depressed people to help you out.
A Comfortable Blanket or Pillow
Depression can make it hard to get out of bed in the morning, let alone face the day. Giving your loved one a comfortable blanket or pillow can help them feel cocooned and safe, making it just a little bit easier to get out of bed each day.
A Cute and Supportive Mug
Starting the day with a cup of coffee or tea is a ritual for many people, and having a cute and supportive mug can make this daily ritual just a little bit better. Look for a mug with an uplifting message or image that will bring a smile to your loved one’s face each morning.
Writing can be therapeutic for people dealing with depression, and having a beautiful journal to write in can make this activity even more enjoyable. Look for a journal with inspiring quotes or images on the pages to provide extra motivation for writing.
A Relaxing Scrapbook Kit
Scrapbooking can be a fun and creative outlet for people dealing with depression. It’s also a great way to document happy memories and moments, which can be helpful on tough days. Choose a scrapbook kit with relaxing colors and images to help your loved one feel calm while working on their project.
A Set of Adult Coloring Books
Adult coloring books are all the rage these days, and for good reason! They’re relaxing, creative, and can help take your mind off of stressful thoughts. Choose a set of coloring books with calming images and patterns that your loved one will enjoy filling in.
Tickets to Their Favorite Concert or Show
Depression can make it hard to find joy in the things you used to enjoy. Giving your loved one tickets to their favorite concert or show is a great way to help them rediscover their love for live music or entertainment. Make sure to choose tickets for an event that’s not too far in the future so they have something to look forward to!
Thoughtful Gifts for Your Love Ones Who’s Experiencing Depression
It can be difficult to find the right gift for your loved ones, especially if they are going through a tough time. If your loved one is experiencing depression, it is important to find a gift that will help them cope with their condition and make them feel supported. Here are some thoughtful gifts for your loved one who is experiencing depression:
1. A journal or notebook. Giving your loved one a place to express their thoughts and feelings can be a very therapeutic gift. Depression can often make people feel like they are not being heard, so this gift will let them know that you are listening and that you care.
2. A subscription to a mental health magazine. This can be a great way to help your loved one learn more about their condition and how to cope with it. It can also provide them with some much-needed support and encouragement.
3. A relaxation CD or MP3 player. Depression can often cause people to feel anxious and stressed. Help your loved one relax with a CD or MP3 player pre-loaded with relaxing music or nature sounds.
4. A self-care package. Depression can make it difficult for people to take care of themselves. Put together a basket of items that will help your loved one pamper themselves, such as scented candles, bath bombs, lotions, etc.
5. A gift certificate for a massage or other type of therapy. Taking care of your body is important when you are dealing with depression. A massage or other type of therapy can help your loved one relax and feel better physically, which can also lead to improved mental health.
Abstract Gifts for Depressed People
Depression is a serious mental illness that can have a profound impact on every aspect of a person’s life. If you have a friend or loved one who is struggling with depression, you may be wondering how you can help. One way to show your support is by giving a gift that can help them cope with their condition.
There are many different types of gifts that can be helpful for someone dealing with depression. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
1. A journal or notebook. Encourage your friend or loved one to express their thoughts and feelings by giving them a journal or notebook. This can be a great outlet for them to vent their frustrations, fears, and sorrows.
2. A relaxing bath gift basket. A hot bath can be very soothing for someone who is feeling down. Put together a basket with some nice bath products like scented candles, bath salts, and body lotions.
3. A subscription to a mental health magazine. Mental health magazines can provide valuable information and support for someone dealing with depression. Consider giving a subscription to one of these magazines:
4. A set of worry beads or a worry stone. Worry beads or stones are traditionally used to help calm and focus the mind. They can be a helpful tool for someone who is struggling with anxiety or depression.
5. A book on coping with depression. There are many helpful books available on the topic of depression. Reading about how others have dealt with the condition can be very empowering and inspiring for someone who is struggling themselves. Some popular titles include:
6. A gift certificate for a massage or other relaxation treatment. Relaxation therapies like massage can be very beneficial for people with depression. Consider giving your friend or loved one a gift certificate for a massage or another relaxation treatment.
7. A set of affirmations or positive quotes. Reminding yourself of positive truths can be very helpful when you’re feeling down. Put together a set of affirmation cards or make a list of your favorite positive quotes to give to your friend or loved one.
8. A care package full of healthy snacks and drinks. When depressed, it’s important to take care of your body as well as your mind. Put together a care package full of healthy snacks and drinks to help your friend or loved one stay nourished and hydrated.
9. A voucher for a day at a spa or wellness center. Sometimes all it takes to feel better is some time to relax and pamper yourself. Give your friend or loved one a voucher for a day at a spa or wellness center where they can enjoy some much-needed R&R.
10. A donation made in their name to a mental health charity or organization. Show your support for mental health awareness by making a donation in your friend or loved one’s name to an organization that promotes mental health wellness or provides services to those affected by mental illness